Special for thatparkerluck
There is how I made my Winter Soldier’s arm!
First, I’m sorry about my english, hope you’ll understand me :) Second, it was lame, cheap and very fast work, because I had no time, no money and couldn’t think in these last “deadline” days before AVA-expo.
Idea was taken from filming photos, but it’s not exactly copy of movie arm.
Actually, there are no secrets. Only one: cyber-arm have to fit to your real one right to a tee.
So, there is step by step guide:
1. (You need an assistant on this step) I and sister used simple plastic bags and tape.
She wrapped my hand with it, in several layers. Cut through with scissors, take off and paste together. Now, you need something to fill this form. We used old newspapers. Now you have your hand’s model!
2. You need to repeat first step with model’s shoulder, but with masking tape. Don’t forget separating layer, you’ll have to put it off from model later!
3. Cover masking tape layer with PVA Glue or TESCO or something else… I’m not sure it works exactly like a PVA made in Russia… You need to get flexible waterproof coating.
4. I took dry putty and mixed it with PVA Glue. It provide strength increase and make form a little flexible. So, spread putty to cover angles, 2-3mm layer. Wait to full drying.
5. Take abrasive and polish.
6. Repeat steps 5-6 once or twice to get smooth surface.
7. Draw lines to make grooves. Take a stationery knife or scalpel or something you like and cut grooves. Take round Needle file and make grooves wide and uniform.
8. Cut all the edges. On the inner side cut along. I made it zig-zag, don’t know why.
I also cut star to put there glowing panel. It didn’t work, by the way )))) Maybe battery was low…
9. Cover form with PVA. Twice.
10. To join edges on the inner side I sticked the elastic band between it.
I thought I need sophisticated system of belts under my dress to fix this shoulder on my shoulder, but this isn’t required! Elastic band fasten it sufficiently! And it looks natural! And all this became possible because it made exactly by my own arm.
11. Forearm was made easier. It’s almost conical so I just wrapped model-arm with thermo-plastic.
Next I made grooves like in step 7.
12. Now - paint all with metallic paint with chrome effect. Paint grooves black.
13. I had no more time to make proper junction between shoulder and forearm, so it was just a simple lazy bodyart )))
Evgeniya a.k.a. mercury and Alexandra a.k.a Daisy.
…and, I can’t finish without it: from Russia with love! )))